Sunday, December 20, 2009

Still Enthralled

If you have ever read Anne McCaffrey, specifically her "Crystal Singer" series, you know what it means to be enthralled. I'm not totally lost as I've been able to do laundry and get some major baking done. 


My husband and I have several family members who were born in December and January. Then there are friends whose birthdays also fall in the months of December and January. Makes life interesting. A couple of us were born on December 24th and December 26th. One of our nephews was born January 1st. We're just a holiday-loving group I can tell you!

Anyway, I figured I better knock out some birthday gifts for the females of the group! 

Yes, the beads were made by Terri Stone at TLSClayDesign. 

 As were the pair on the left. 
And then there was the little girls who are old enough to wear earrings.  

 And these as well...did I mention I had two cases of Terri's beads? 

Naturally, I had to make a pair or two for their mother.

I finally found the beads I wanted to use for the Dramatic Tones set, which meant a bracelet was needed to be made. I love red and black together. Mix it with a bit of silver and we have drama in a good way, folks! :D 

 This clay shield and beads were designed by Linda at NKDesigns
I also found the ribbon to do a ribbon necklace for someone who's special to me in a unique way. I can't say who because she may be reading my blog.  I've been holding onto this set, trying to figure out how to make an ensemble as pretty as these wonderful creations. A few days back I was commenting on LanyardLady's blog and noticed an unusual design. I finished my comments and went back to see what it was I saw. It was a tutorial on how to make a ribbon necklace from 2 Good Claymates.  Viola! We were in business. I think this set came out very pretty. 

I'm off to finish baking. I'm nearly out of flour...and Semilla's--our local health foods store was dry after our last load. I'm hoping they will be back in stock by Monday!

What are you doing this last weekend before Christmas and on this last night of Hanukkah? 

5 comments:

  1. You necklace looks nice! So glad you found the tutorial useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, those are some awesome pieces that are going to make some lucky recipients extremely happy Cathryn! Wow!

    Today we did our grocery shopping and now I am doing laundry. We need to switch a twin bed and a full bed to make room for Matt and his girlfriend...so we will do that this afternoon.

    Irv is over helping Michael rip out his kitchen floor in preparation for a new one being installed Tuesday!

    If I feel like it, I might head out to pick up a couple of last minute things. I'm just kind of enjoying whatever the day might bring!

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jewelry! It's nice to know someone else who is addicted to Terri's beads. Everytime I visit her store I want to buy them all!

    Today we had holiday dinner with my husband's brother who was actually able to get his car out of the snow and get into tow. Just came from the store where I bought all the goodies for Cookie Day tomorrow! My daughter and I have five different recipes to make and it will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've said it before and I'll say it again - the jewelry you make is so pretty! Love the earring for the little girlies in your family. Something you said made me thing you have a Christmas Eve birthday. Is that right? How special! My younger sister is celebrating a birthday today.

    I tried a new recipe for gingerbread cookies today and they turned out so well. It was a test batch. I'll be making at least a double batch (maybe triple) for a punch and cookie time after our Christmas Eve service on Thursday. The surprise ingredient is butterscotch pudding mix! They're not your typical spicy gingerbread cookie - just a light gingerbread taste, perfect for little ones - and me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathryn-
    You have been very busy making beautiful jewelry creations! Love the earrings! Glad you found time to bead.
    Someone special is having a birthday soon!

    ReplyDelete