Friday, February 25, 2011

The Soup's ON!

Yay! Today's the day! Soup's on people! Come and enjoy! With over 200 artists, there's enough Bead Soup for every one to have a taste!

Before we get much further into this, I want to extend a personal THANK YOU BUNCHES to Lori Anderson. Lori not only put all of us women together from all over the world, she also suffered from computer breakdown/malfunction from time to time but also took the time to answer personal questions from nearly all of us! I know because she helped me with html--something my husband's familiar with but I'm not. (And at the time our schedules were complete opposites and he wasn't available.) And this week's been busy, busy for me so I really appreciate the personal touch. Thank you, Lori! You made this fun and easy!

Ok--time to have some soup! As you may recall, each of us were to send a focal and an interesting clasp and some coordinating beads to our partner! We were required to use the focal and the clasp but it the coordinating beads were optional to use. We were to also use beads from our bead stash to round out our Bead Soup creation. 

As mentioned yesterday, this is my THIRD Bead Soup Blog-Hop Party. The Bead Addict just will not let me pass by these parties because she likes getting new beads which she can gloat over and fondle and enjoy and try to hoard. Our--The Bead Addict's and mine--bead partner is Agnes Shapiro of Bead BubbeAgnes caught the email that said we were partners before I did and she emailed me. Through our conversations, we found out that we both have a fondness for silver. 


Then Alice sent ingredients she had chosen for us and the Bead Soup.  To be honest, I was a little dismayed when I saw the mosaic turquoise pendent. Turquoise has always been my mother's favorite stone but I wasn't comfortable working with it. I was fascinated by those taupe colored stones. I loved the feel, the weight, the color, and the tiny flecks of sage green, periwinkle, and peach within the stones. And Alice sent me hearts. 

I am really going to have to pay attention to what the Universe is telling me. I must need more hearts in my life because it's another thing I am not comfortable with. I have love--lots of love, true love, and warm love...but I don't have many hearts in my home or my jewelry or my life. I think the Universe is trying to impart an important message...What do you think???

Anyway--Alice held true to the premise of the Bead Soup parties. The premise is to kick each other out of our comfort zones and expand our horizons. Despite being uncomfortable with the turquoise and the hearts, I realized she was helping me change my attitudes about those particular pieces. In effect, I was to get over being uncomfortable and even afraid of working with them. So THANK YOU BUNCHES Alice!  :)

So I concentrated on the pendent first. The Bead Addict started rummaging among the beads. 

BEAD ADDICT: You really should go for a Southwestern feel with this.
ME: Shut up--you know I don't "do" Southwest anything!
BEAD ADDICT: That's true but for once in your life--you should try to move out of your comfort zone a little and "DO" something Southwestern.  
ME:  Maybe we can do pearls...or even Swarovski...Hmmmm....maybe those East Indian beads...
BEAD ADDICT: Come on, Cathryn--you LIVE In the Southwest! You SHOULD go with a  Southwestern  flavor. 
ME: Yeah, yeah--I live here, am proud to be here, but I don't "DO" Southwest. Now shut up and let me think!
BEAD ADDICT: *plays with some unusual beads in a box from the swap with Jayne* May be you can go for an earthy feel. 
ME: Yeah! That's what I need! Something earthy! Where's those beads from Jayne? I know they are here some---Sheesh...you got them out for me. How sweet! (The latter said very sarcastically.)

And I created with the Bead Addict looking over my shoulder, making comments and critiques. I couldn't use the silver--it just didn't go well with the piece. I had to use a copper clasp instead, but that meant I could create something else from the heart pieces that Alice sent! BTW--Jayne, your collection of unusual beads really made the difference in this piece! THANK YOU BUNCHES!
In it's entirety...Southwestern Influence.
Another view of this soup....
A close up of the calcite chips and the rattlesnake vertebra and antler pieces....
 I present "Southwestern Influence." It's made from the pendent, stones, and shell pieces sent by Alice. I added mosaic turquoise disks, calcite chips, antler, and rattlesnake vertebra for character. I believe it added to the ambience of this piece.  It's my first piece that represents my homestate. That giggling you hear in the background is the Bead Addict. "Told ya that you could 'DO' Southwest!" 

That left out the porcelain beads and the heart clasp and pendents.  It also meant we got to play some more! I just happen to look over on my messy desk and realized I had tossed the porcelain beads onto some rose quartz I had. Now normally, I would not appreciate the look of green and pink together. However, I had seen my daffodils and tulips pushing through the soil and realized spring was not far away. And I love spring! Everything is so fresh and new! And the hearts were calling to me as well. So I dug through my stash to find the perfect pendent--one I had won from the Polymer Clay Artist Guild of Etsy in one of their contests. 


We call this set "Loving Spring."  It's greens and cool pinks are reminiscent of spring. I used the heart toggle clasp, the porcelain beads, and the heart pendents to make this set. 

Then I realized I still had a few pieces left over and the Bead Addict commanded we use them. So we both had a blast finding more beads to fit with the leftovers. We found some Terri Stone beads that we had for a long time but could never match them up. The Bead Addict was convinced that we could put together something eclectic and funky for the final piece. Only she wanted the spare toggle set to be in the front--because it really is too pretty to hide in the back.
Savvy Duo...Necklace and Earring Set


Close up of Savvy Duo's necklace. 
 At last but not least, and my favorite set, Savvy Duo. I added Nan's ceramic hand beads because they made the necklace pop with funk. And to quiet down the Bead Addict, I put the toggle in the front. She was right--it really is too pretty to hide in the back. 

I appreciate Lori and Agnes for another successful Bead Soup Party! I was jolted from my comfort zone and now found new confidence in materials I was not comfortable with prior to this experience. I also experienced working new color schemes that turned out pretty. 

Now the list is below: 


1.  Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life 
3.  Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane 
4.  Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio
5.  Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations
6.  Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
7.  Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things
8.  Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe
9.  Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto
10.  Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio


11.  Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas
12.  Rachel Walsh, Balanced Crafts
13.  Marian Hertzog, M's Place
14.  Mary McGraw, MK's Musings
15.  Sarabeth Burke, Chronicles of Sarita
16.  Deci Worland, Gem Trails 
17.  Erin Prais-Hintz, Treasures Found
18.  Laura Zeiner, Stick Lizard Designs
19.  Kristin Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
20.  Cathryn Brooks-Williams, Chile Cats  YOU ARE HERE!


21.  Holly Westfall, Silver Rose Designs
22.  Janna Harttgen, Palima-Lim 
23.  Libby Leuchtman, Libby Leu
24.  Rebecca Anderson, Songbeads
25.  Deb Hunter, Living On Air
26.  Diana Ptaszynski, Suburban Girl Studio
27.  Jennifer VanBenschoten, VanBeads 
28.  Margot Potter, The Impatient Crafter
29.  Cyndi Lavin, Beading Arts
30.  Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul


31.  Stefanie Teufel, Stefanie's Sammelsurium
32.  Patricia Gasparino, My Life Under the Bus
33.  Tari Khars, Pearl and Pebble
34.  Kristi Bowman-Gruel, Kristi Bowman Design
35.  Jayne Capps, Mama's Got to Doodle
36.  Becky Fairclough, Chameleons Designs
37.  Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead & Metal Works
38. Lynne Bowland, Islandgirl's Insights
39.  Barbara Lewis, Painting With Fire
40.  Lorelei Eurto, Inside the Studio


41.  Stacy Hartis, Sissy & Jack's
42.  Jennifer Cameron, Glass Addictions
43.  Marcie Abney, La Bella Joya 
44.  Johanna Rhodes, Fire Phoenix Creations
45.  Nan Emmett, Spirit Rattles 
46.  Melissa Mesara, One Eared Pig  
47.  Amanda Davie, Articulations
48.  Cherin Poovey, Lanyard Lady
49.  Virginia Joste, ViviBijoux


50.  Andrew Thornton, The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
51.  Lori Dorrington, Lori's Glassworks
52.  Melanie Brooks, Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
53.  Kate Gardenghi, Tropical Blonde
54.  Serena Trent, PinkIce Jewel's Blog
55. Malin de Koning, Beading by Malin de Koning
56.  Shai Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
57.  Francy Inman, 8 Second Studio 
58.  Amy Freeland, Copper Diem
59.  Lisa Liddy, Joolz By Lisa


60.  Sandi Lee James,  Do Be Do Bead Do
61.  Mary Harding, Mary Harding Bead Blog 
62.  Stacey Curry, Star Hitched Wagon
63.  Leslie Gidden, Mad Maggie Designs
64.  Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
65.  Niky Sayers, Silver Nik Nats
66.  Linda Djokic, Lutka and Co.
67.  Tracy Bell, Copper, Glass, and Recycled Trash
68.  Laurel Steven, Rue's Daftique
69.  Ingrid McCue, Wrapped In Silver



70.  Birgitta Lejonklou, Create With Spirit
71.  Diana Hawkey, Diana Hawkey
72.  Norma Turvey, Moonlit Fantaseas
73.  Jeanette Ryan, Jeanette Blix
74.  Jackie Ryan, Silver Lodge Gems
76.  Debbie Goering, Prairie Emporium 
77.  Valerie Norton, Hot Art 
78.  Jana Trupovniece, Stories of the Secret Garden  
79.  Amy Severino, Amy Beads 


80.  Emma Thomas, Fred Beans Nook
81.  Karen Zanco, Everyday Gypsy
82.  Suzann Sladcik Wilson, Beadphoria
83.  Janet McDonald, Singing Woods
84.  Dana James, Dana's Jewelry Designs
85.  Kristina Johansson, Wild Roses and Blackberries
86.  CJ Bauschka, CJ Bauschka
87.  Angela Barribea, Re: Angela Rae
88. Marcy Lamberson, Studio Marcy
89.  Tanya Floyd, Glass Migrations


90.  Lisa Kavanaugh, Beading Bliss
91.  Sue Hodgkinson, Hello Gorgeous 
92.  Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Bead 
93.  Nally Parfyonova, Nally's Creations 
94.  Karyn White, Releases By Rufydoof  
95. Emanda Johnson, Artemisia Studio 
96.  Sandy Richardson, Sandy's Coloring Box
97.  Cindy Dolezal,  Cindy Dolezal Designs 
98.  Stacie Stamper, Park Avenue
99. Mallory Hoffman, For the Love of Beads


101.  Nicole Valentine-Rimmer, N. Valentine Studio
102.  Jacinta Meyers, Jamberrysong's Creations 
103.  Charlene Gary, Gray Girl Studios
104.  Rubiee Hayes, Glitter and Keys Galore
105.  Marge Beebe, Rock Creek Creations
106.  Elizabeth Freeman, Turquoise Sky
107.  Shelby Foxwell, Sundown Bead Designs Rhetoric
108.  Lynda Moseley, Diva Designs
109.  Grace Danel,  Grace Beading
110.  Lois Moon, Que Onda Quitman


111.  Agnes Shapiro, Beader Bubbe  MY BEADING PARTNER!
112.  Terry Carter, Tapping Flamingo 
113.  Judy Glende, Judith B. Designs
114.  Mary Ellen Parker, Bee Tree By Me
115. Barbara Bechtel, Second Surf
116.  Charlene Sevier, The Bead Dreamer
117. Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles 
118.  Cory Celaya, Art With Moxie 
119.  Ronda Adams, The Ravished Heart 
120.  Sandi Volpe, Sandi Volpe Designs 


121. Anna Lear, The Laughing Raven 
122. Susie Hibdon, Vintagesusie & Wings  
123.  Amanda Austin, Sea Shore Glass 
124.  Jennifer Velasquez, Jen Judd Rocks 
125.  Hazel Ward, All Those Things 
126.  Brenda Salzano, Salzanos 
127.  Dee Gordon, Runako Designs by Dee 
128.  Anna Denisova, Anita-M 
129.  Margaret Saari, Mags-Jewelry


130.  Genea Crivello-Knable, Genea Beads 
131.  Penny Neville, Copper Penny
132.  Angela Blasingame, Hopemore
133. Helena Fritz, Beadwork by H's Blog
134. Stephanie LaRose, Confessions of a Bead Hoarder
135. Stephanie Haussler, PixyBug Designs
136. Diane Cook, Rosa & Josies  
137.  Maryse Thillens, Glass Bead Art
138.  Jennifer Pride, Jewelry by J.P.
139.  Shannon Chomanczuk, For My Sweet Daughter


140.  Lisa Godfrey, Bead Happy
141.  Heather Pyle, Welcome to My  Muse
142.  Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
143.  Liz DeLuca, Creative Arty Facts
144.  Sig Wynne-Evans, Beaded Bear's Nonsense
145.  Loretta Carstensen, Loretta's Boutique
146.  Raida Disbrow, Havana Beads 
147.  Amber Dawn, Inventive Soul 
148.  Shelly Graves, Stars Dance With Me  
149.  Jess Italia Lincoln, Vintaj Blog 


150. JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
151.  Carrie Tahquechi, Carrie T
152.  Staci Smith, Staci Louise Originals
153.  Katarzyna Kwiatkowska, Quiet Area 
154.  Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
155. Magdalena Sikora, Poranna Gazeta
156.  Nicole Keller, Nicki's Reef
157.  Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
158.  Noemi Baena, Fire, Metal, and Color 
159. Christa Murphy, Adventures of One Beady Woman 


160.  Barbara Blaszczyk, Labotorium Flory
161.  Collette Collins, Firefly Myst
162.  Carola Greiser, Polymer Clay Shed
163.  Joanna Kopijczuk, Bizuteria z Filcu
164. LeAnn Weih, Summers Studio 
165.  Cassandra Watsham, Design by Cassandra
166. Anna Motz, Stunning
167.  Shea Zukowski, Gr8findings
168.  Susan Kennedy, Sue Beads
169.  Lisa Boucher, Lisa's Clay Happenings


170.  Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
171.  Alison Crenshaw, Beads by Earth Tones
172.  Dorcas Midkiff, Wondrous Strange Designs 
173.  Melissa Rediger, Sea of Glass 
174.  Marina Dobrynina, Savon Feutre  
176.  Menka Gupta, Menka's Blog
177. Patsy Evins, Patsy Evins Studio
178.  Cherrie Fick, En La Lumie're
179.  Suzette Bentley, Ellie's Bijoux

180.  Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
181.  Lyn Foley, Lyn Foley Wearable Art
182. Tara Plote, The Newbie Beader's Blog
183. Natalie Schuetz, Natalie S Perlen 
184. Kim Hutchinson, Running on Ink
185. Haley Frank, Wide Eyed Smilin 
186. Grace Caputo, Suddenly Last Summer
187. Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp, Skye Jewels 
188. Erin Siegel, Erin Siegel Jewelry 
189.  Janea McDonald, Organized Chaos

190.  Kristi Evenson, Colie Bug & Co.
191.  Linda Inhelder, Must Haves Jewelry
192.  Hilary Frye, FryeStyle
193. Whitney Lassini, Whitney Lassini
194. Nancy Schindler, The Rabbit Muse
195. Pam Brisse, The Blue Between
196. Beth Bricker, Vintage Sweets
197.  Ruthie Stickney, Rose Works Jewelry and Gifts
198.  Rose Noble, Lady Noble Designs
199. Karen Williams, Baublicious

200.  Claire Maunsell, The Next Bend
201.  Christine Damm, Stories They Tell
202.  Kerry Bogert, Kab's Creative Concepts
203.  Wendy Blum, Sand & Sea Designs
204.  Juli Cannon, Julsbeads
205.  Jenny Robledo, La Dona Boutique
206.  Krista French, French Elegant Jewelry
207.  Pam Krinski, Ewa Beads
208.  Melissa Meman, Melissa Meman, Art, Life, Love
209.  Dana Jones, Dana's Jewelry
210.  Shirley Moore, Beads and Bread


The next party's sign ups begin August 1-3, 2011.  
Don't miss it!


102 comments:

  1. I really like the second necklace, its very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen to the bead addict within and create more southwest! This necklace is AWESOME! I would so wear this! I love all three, but the Southwest one...perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a soft and soothing palet of colours, lovely necklace you made with the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa!! I let out an audible WHAT! when I read you had included rattlesnake vertebrae and antler, that is really so unusual. Did you collect the vertebrae yourself?
    Anyway your necklace is totally cool and I love all the colours together.
    You did well with the hearts, too.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray, Cathryn! They are all gorgeous and so inspired by the beads you had to choose from. And the piece with the turquoise pendant is my favorite. You really did step outside your zone-- successfully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathryn
    You go girl !!!!!! so many Wonderful pieces !!!!
    LOVE the necklace with rattlesnake vertebra and antler !!! Very unique !!!!
    you REALLY should do more Southwest for your shop !!!!
    where to find the inspiration ....ummmm...
    what's that right outside your front door
    ......LOL!!!
    m.e. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you've been busy! Amazing all those different looks - you've got a few bowls of soup going on awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are a delight and your necklace is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely necklace you've made. Great use of the focal and the colours have been really well arranged. Nice ^_^ Virginie ViviBijoux.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always listen to the bead addict she so knew you could do this! Awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pieces. As I was reading, I was like rattlesnake what??? :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you listened. I'm a southwest, California-Arizona, kinda turquoise loving gal. Turquoise and pretty much any pile of rocks. You done good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ROFL! I have had those conversations before with the inner Bead Addict! Thank you for sharing that! You did do a fabulous piece with SW flare! Everything you made has it's own personality and feel. Great job!

    Wishing You Creativity,
    Suzann Sladcik Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cathryn, I love all three of them - especially the one with the hearts. I am not a heart-person either, but sometimes they turn out really cool. have fun hopping...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty necklaces, especially the first one. Listening to those voices can be very rewarding sometimes, don't you think? I agree with you about hearts. Don't use them very often, but sometimes they can be turned into good looking jewellery if not overdone. Like those neat earrings you made.

    ReplyDelete
  16. rattle snake vertebrae! wow! but it goes so well with your design!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! You nailed it( & imagine my surprise when I saw my name in the post:P) thanks for the shout out, I hit my satsh of beads from another swap for my soup too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the pieces you made but especially the third necklace, simple and fun. Good job. I really do need to find some of those unusual beads from your first necklace, they would be fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I visited Cherin a few minutes ago, then hopped over to her beading partner's blog to see her creations. Next up was a visit to you and I must say all of you ladies are SO talented! Now I'm on to see your partner's creations.

    PS. My daughter's 2 favorite colors to put together have always been - you guessed it - pink and green. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. While all your pieces are just lovely, I really adore the Southwest Influence one. Except, well, the idea of wearing rattlesnake vertebrae kinda gives me the willies. What can I say? I'm a wuss!
    Otherwise, that necklace is just dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This necklace is awesome! Love the use of bone fragments. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful creations, all of them! I especially love the one with the turquoise pendant. It must be a pleasure and privilege to wear it - or one of the others.
    Rattle snake vertebrae - so cool! I have shark vertebrae in my stash, but rattle snake vertebrae of course is much more exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful designs! You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow that bead addict sure took over..you were a busy bee and you absolutely can Do southwest too.
    wonderful work

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the beady dialogue.....LOVE the Southwestern flair of this piece - it really is beautiful!!! So glad the Bead Addict won that battle! :) ANd your other pieces - wow you mix went so far...great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really nice. Very Southwesterny! ;) you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Rattlesnake vertebrae???! I'm scared!!! Gorgeous pieces here - I particularly like Southwestern Influence...tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love those unusual vertebrae beads-they add a great texture to your piece. Nice job- I love turquoise so I found your earthy southwest look very appealing!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun and creative piece with the vertebrates in it!Love the colors together! Awesome piece

    ReplyDelete
  30. Each piece is just great! The southwest style was the right way to go with the turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  31. All of them are great but my favorite is the Southwestern Influence! Good job and good to be creative out of your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What youve made is wonderful!
    Love the Southwest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love southwestern anything and that includes your piece! Wonderful job, stunning piece. I am really enjoying this blog hop, it's really interesting to read what everyone has to say about their piece and how it came to be.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those rattle snake vertebrae really make that first necklace... Really gives it a south western feel! Although with my intense dislike of snakes... not sure that I could wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Bead Addict was right and you can do Southwest. I absolutely loved it. The others were great too, but the Southwest, I would wear in a skinny minute. Great Job with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Shouts Southwest for sure...Lovely pieces.

    Cory from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  37. The bead addict was correct - the southwest necklace is great!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fantastic southwest inspired creation. Just Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love that you have a bead addict helping you create these beauties! All of them are fantastic and I love the Southwestern Influence piece and that you used rattlesnake vertebra - who would have thunk.

    ReplyDelete
  40. THOROUGHLY enjoyed reading this! And you hit it out of the park with your Southwest piece. REALLY well done. Do you think you'll do more now?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love all the pieces you created and I think its wonderful how you were pushed out of your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Glad you went with the Southwest Necklace. It's beautiful, but I especially liked the last one with the hand from Nan Emmett. That one is very yummy!
    Cenya

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love everything you made. Those taupe beads are fantastic. You are one talented beader, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love all of them and you are hilarious. I like those hearts gives me ideas for that heart clasp I have that is exactly like yours. Love front clasps then you don't have to worry about the necklace turning around. Great job on the bead soup challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  45. you did southwest very nicely. in fact, all your pieces are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Well indeed you do DO Southwest and you do it beautifully. With all those potent charms and amulets (like the rattlesnake vertebrae) I'm sure that necklace has special powers that any Shawoman (or Shaman) would envy.
    You did fantastically and all of your creations are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  47. all are great pieces but love that southwest necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  48. That Southwestern necklace is amazing! and I love how you used the other elements as well...Glad the voice in your head kept you on course

    ReplyDelete
  49. rattlesnake vertebrae?? Really? I think this is my favorite piece for that one single thing alone. Awesome. Well, and it looks awesome too. I also would not have thought to put dark green and pink together, but it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  50. It's so good when we listen to the Bead Addict, isn't it? Then we come up with something amazing like THAT. Holey cow. That Southwestern Influence is just a show stopper. The others are gorgeous too, but wow. I'm done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  51. You made a lot of great pieces, loving spring was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  52. You did a great job. And your Southwest piece turned out really nice. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  53. #209 here...Beautiful, great work...

    ReplyDelete
  54. what a great narration of your creation, lol. Love the finished pieces...very creative use of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I ended up with a turquoise focal too, and I don't "do" southwest either (despite living in Phoenix). I love what you did with yours, though - I wouldn't have ever thought to go southwest! Love the rest too!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I like how you've worked the colors and various components together -- the southwest necklace is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Beautiful work, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Yikes- rattlesnake vertebrae- and antler pieces-
    what a natural combination. It turned out very well and the colors worked well together- and you do have the Southwest buried in ya somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  59. So many wonderful pieces! Love your color choices! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  60. Those pieces truly make a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Loved them all, Cathryn but everyone is right- the Southwest piece really stands out. We all need to go outside the box sometimes. Also, loved the green and pink together. They blend so nicely. You have such an amazing talent! You go, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  62. You got some great beads, and you made some great jewelry with it, I especially love the necklace in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  63. You had me with the large turquoise pendant but I just love the vertebrae! Congrats for pushing the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Wonderful pieces, you did a great job. Love that first southwestern necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  65. OMG Cathryn....what a beautiful necklace...and I LOVE SOUTHWESTERN....we have so much in common. You did a great job....hope you like mine and sorry it got up so late...

    Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  66. Ok, you were totally prolific! LOVE all 3 of them! Jealous that you got 3 made. :) So glad you got to explore new areas of beading. I'm already looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  67. #161 here:)

    Love the Southwestern theme necklace!!
    The rattlesnake vertebrae and antler pieces are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I feel almost like we are neighbors me being out here in W TX. I don't do South West either. But you absolutely nailed your 'south west' piece in a very contemporary way. Love it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  69. These are all wonderful- my favorite is your design with the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  70. You did great! Love your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  71. wow you sure made plenty of soup. What wonderful designs and what cool pieces you used in your first piece.

    ReplyDelete
  72. What COOL pieces!! Love them all!!

    Sig

    ReplyDelete
  73. So beautiful friend, I love this necklace & what you did with your SOUP. Really Stunning!!
    Thanks for sharing...
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  74. What wonderful pieces. I love the first necklace. I've seen so many uses of turquise in the blog party, but yours definately is different. The tan and turquise might just be my new thing. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  75. how beautiful! your soup is just lovely and your necklace is great!

    sarabeth

    ReplyDelete
  76. love the jewelry and your post :) The southwestern necklace is my favorite - great color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Wow - Very nice pieces! You've been busy. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I'd have quietly but firmly withdrawn from the challenge if I'd gotten that soup.I know we were supposed to think outside the box, but I'd have been so lost in the woods, there'd have been no box in sight. The inclusion of animal parts (who are you really, Lady Gaga?) was entirely over the top. My hat is off to you, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Wow what a gorgeous selection! I especially love the first piece though - that focal is just to die for. Well done!

    Karyn
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  80. The first necklace is my very favorite! I love the green and brown together and the use of antler and snake vertebrae! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  81. That is one heaping bowl of Soup! I love that you got three completely different looks from this pile of ingredients. That southwest one is really dynamite, I can see this paired with my white jean jacket! ;-)

    Off to hop some more... might be until Easter, but I will get it done!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  82. Great work! I really love that Southwestern style necklace! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Love the description of your creative process and rattlesnake vertebrae, that's a first for me, love that necklace. It does have character! I love spirng and the savvy duo too. Great pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  84. I think my favorites are the southwestern and the last one but then again I like the heart one, too! The thought process can drive you crazy! How about great necklaces all!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Wow look how many pieces you got out of your soup. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  86. I loved them all but that southwestern design is just perfect! You definitely need to listen to the bead addict more.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Wow! You sure were busy! Great job on all of them. This first is my favorite. Also, thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. So nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  88. I love, love that first piece. It's such a sacred object! Lots of spirit surrounding it. Beautifully done. :) The bead addict was right! ;)

    The other pieces are lovely, too. I think you're right---we can all use a little more hearts in our lives. :)

    Wonderful work! And kudos to you for stepping out of your comfort zone! It really paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  89. I really love the first piece - especially the focal. It has a lovely colour balance - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  90. I love it! I had to skip out on this one as I had to take some time after Christmas to reevaluate my business. I am so sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete